Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Had a very tiring day yesterday that I slept a record-breaking 16hour last night. Was called to help out with a wsc event in ntu, it turned out that a group of 4-5 volunteers had to take care of groups of 23-25kids from morning till 5pm. My group of 4 had to take care of 24kids, one of the volunteers had to leave after lunch, leaving the 3 of us with the kids. It was very stressful cos the thing they enjoy most is running around! We have to move around to different game stations the whole day, have to watch them go toilet, bring them to lunch, play games with them, catch them back when they stray off, shout cheers with them, blah blah.

Everything else aside, the kids are very fun, thoughtful and random. Some of the younger kids keep calling us teacher when none of us look like one. And this very sweet girl wrote us a note, telling us the outing is very fun, she's enjoying herself and she wanna thank us for taking care of them. At times they get quite random too, my volunteer was asking them if anyone wants to go to the washroom, one kid raised her hand and asked 'Teacher, 等一下在bus可以吃面包吗?' Totally no link. Throughout the day they'll keep asking us such random questions to make us laugh.

The funny thing is, I dreamt of the kids last night. They were biting my hands.. I woke up in time just as they were about to bite my face. Haha, must be because I was with them the whole day so they appeared in my dream, but they're not that scary. In fact I miss them all!

No comments: