Saturday, May 22, 2010

Time flies! 1more week & I've worked for 10months. Well it isnt a long time, but I guess its time to think of some plans for the future. In the past 1 or 2months, I've seen so many transfers & resignations in my department and I realised thats how the banking industry is like. Everyone is moving around, looking for better jobs & challenging themselves constantly. And I have friends who graduate around the same time as me, already taking 2nd level CFA, etc.

All this serves as a good reminder to myself that I cant sit by & waste time. To have a better career, to be able to try different areas in the finance industry, I need to keep improving myself. Am thinking of taking up CFA or Masters, but I dunno if I'm ready to pick up studying again.. And studying something which I've never been interested in.. is indeed a challenge. I guess taking up Masters wont be that soon cos I'm already feeling the burden of having to repay my $18k school loan. The repaying has just started & will take 6years, I dun need another $20 or $30k loan to come in soon.

CFA is also challenging cos I'll have to commit to studying for the next 3 to 4years while working. Work itself is already time-consuming & mental draining. All I wanna do on weekends is to rest well, relax & spend time with frens & family. I just have to convince myself soon, set the goal for myself then work towards it!

The price of success: dedication, hard work, and a devotion to the things you want to see happen.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

No comments: