Sunday, February 03, 2008

Impromptu Presentation

Something made my day again! I was logging on to edventure to see if there's work to prepare for tmr's communications lesson, and my teacher actually posted comments for last week's impromptu presentation.

It was the scariest presentation, picking your topic on the spot and presenting it 5mins later. I was so worried I couldnt sleep the night before. Fortunately I picked an easier topic and manage to complete the 3min presentation without any major problems. But 4/6 was still unexpected. It wasnt the best score of cos, but I'm just happy to have the same marks as most of the people in class because I've always felt I'm one of the weakest. I'm so grateful for that. Sometimes a little encouragement along the way gives me plenty of motivation to strive better.

Elaine
Score: 4

You did better here than your previous presentation. Well done. Your timing was perfect, you had good eye contact with the audience and employed appropriate hand gestures. However, you would still need to work on sounding more emphatic. This can be improved by speaking with more conviction and using more vocal variety. Pump up the ethos part of your presentation and add more signposts when emphasizing important points in your delivery. Other than working on all these, try also to reduce the size of your cue “paper”!


Took a few pictures of my neat and clean home but will upload it when I have more time. Been so busy cleaning the whole house the last 2days then I didnt had energy or time to do work. Need to work on project now.. Take care and enjooy the new year goodies! :)

No comments: