Saturday, January 10, 2009

Had to wake up an hour earlier today at 8am to go for the volunteer work. At 8.20am, I was struggling, thinking if I should just drop an sms saying I have something on and wont be there. Staying committed is never easy. Thankfully I woke up and went, cos it was so fun! It was a little different today, instead of giving tuition, we played games with the kids. Its just so different playing with kids, they are so funny! Their actions, the things they do, the amount of energy they have... makes me happy. There was this game they had to blindfold themselves then run to the other side of the parade square to pass a sticker to their team member, I laughed like mad. When u're blindfolded, u really can walk in any weird direction. A P2 girl from my team almost walked into the canteen, which was quite a distance from where we were! Haha.

There were 3 brothers in my team, and I saw how united and cooperative they became when they were playing games! Kind of heartwarming to see a 13year old taking care instead of bullying his younger brothers. This was something I observed quite some time ago, I guess its generally true that the eldest in the family always turn out to be very sensible and obedient. The friends that I have who are the eldest in the family are always more tolerant and sensible. The younger ones always end up being demanding and spoilt. I'm a very good example! :)

No comments: